Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu at Texas Karate Do
Our Jiu Jitsu Program:
- Taught by professor Alex Daltro
- We have classes for Adults/Teenagers 13 and up
- And classes for Boy/Girls ages 6 to 12
- Three classes a week; see our schedule for further information
- Also includes an addition 3 MMA Fitness Classes per a week for Teenagers/Adults
- Prices starting as low as $100 a Month; see our prices for further information or call (972) 258-8333
- Competing in Tournaments is encouraged but not required
What is Brazilian Jiu Jitsu:
- On a very basic level Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is similar to wrestling
- It is primarily a "ground fighting" art with some "take downs"
- Most techniques involve two opponents on the ground
- It is designed in such a way that a weaker opponent can easily win against a stronger opponent
- It focuses on fighting with good technique applied with proper leverage in order to win; not strength
- Common techniques include: Chokes, joint locks, escapes, and reversals.